Med Surg Oncology RN - WI - Variable Shifts
333 Pine Ridge Blvd Wausau, WI 54401 US
Planet Healthcare is looking for Oncology RNs in the Wausau, WI area.
Shift: 12 hours, Variable shift, 36 hours per week, every other weekend, every other holiday. No call.
MedSurg Oncology unit. Patient population mainly consists of surgical oncology and medical oncology patients. Very small population coming in to receive chemo treatments.
Patient ratio ranges from 4:1 or 5:1 on Days and PMs. Night shift is normally 5:1 but can get up to 7:1 (not common). Night shift will always have techs on. C.NAs are scheduled all shifts but may staff more RNs when C.NA not available.
Job Description & Requirements:
- Assignment Length: 13 weeks
- Start Date: ASAP Pending compliance
- Employment Type: Contract
- 2+ years. WILL TAKE A STRONG MED SURG RN WITHOUT ONCOLOGY EXPERIENCE. 1 YR on MSO Unit preferred
- Epic preferred. If no Epic experience, must have previous electronic charting experience.
- Equipment used: Epic EMR, Rovers for medication scanning, Alaris pumps
- Covid Vaccine Required - no exemptions
- Active WI/Compact RN license and AHA BLS required. Chemo cert is a plus, but not required.
Planet Healthcare is a National Healthcare Staffing Firm with industry leading contractor retention & satisfaction.
Planet Healthcare Benefits
- Industry Leading Support: Dedicated Recruiter & Designated Compliance Specialist
- Robust Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Retirement Plans including company match! (After 90 days of continuous service)
- Contractors choose to extend with Planet Healthcare over 90% of the time!
- Fully Joint Commission Certified
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonus Program
Please note that all pay rates are estimates. Rate applies to travel positions only (50+ miles from permanent residential address). Local pay packages may be available.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.