MICU RN DAYS - Roanoke, VA - 36 hours
1906 Belleview Avenue, SE Roanoke, VA 24014-1838 US
Shift: 12 hours, Day Shift (7a-7p), 36 hours per week
Job Description & Requirements:
- Assignment Length: 13 weeks
- Start Date: ASAP Pending compliance
- Employment Type: Contract
- 1+ Years of experience required within specialty
- Epic experience required
- Active VA/Compact RN license, AHA BLS, AHA ACLS, and NIH required
6 Mountain Intensive Care Unit (6MICU) is a 12-bed intensive care unit. Our critical care nurses’ practice in a setting where patients require complex ongoing assessment, multiple therapies, and interventions. 6M ICU is a surgical intensive care unit that serves several primary patient populations. Our nurses rely upon a specialized body of knowledge, skills, and experience to provide care to patients after vascular surgery, thoracic surgery, or stroke. 6MICU is a certified stroke center designation. Additionally, 6MICU is one of the ICUs that makeup the facility's Cardiovascular Institute (CVI).
The Unit operates 24/7, seven days a week; serving patients age 18 and older.
The standard nurse to patient ratio is 2:1.
What We Do:
Some of the complex therapies/treatments performed in 6M ICU include:
• Cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring (arterial lines, CVP, continuous cardiac outputs)
• Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
• Mechanical ventilation support
• Pacemaker Management
• EVD drains (intracranial pressure monitoring)
• NIH Stroke Scale Certification
• ISTAT lab values
Planet Healthcare is a National Healthcare Staffing Firm with industry leading contractor retention & satisfaction.
Planet Healthcare Benefits
- Industry Leading Support: Dedicated Recruiter & Designated Compliance Specialist
- Robust Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Retirement Plans including company match! (After 90 days of continuous service)
- Contractors choose to extend with Planet Healthcare over 90% of the time!
- Fully Joint Commission Certified
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonus Program
Please note that all pay rates are estimates. Rate applies to travel positions only (50+ miles from permanent residential address). Local pay packages may be available.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.